- 150g Goat's Cheese (St Tola Irish Goat's Cheese is my favourite!)
- A large handful of Walnuts
- 150g of Baby Leaves (including Rocket Leaves for a peppery kick!)
- A small handful of Mixed Seeds (Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds & Sesame Seeds
- A Jar of Grá Bia Beetroot & Mint Chutney
- 2 Avocados
- 2 tbsp of Honey (or Agave Syrup)
- A knob of Butter
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil (or Walnut Oil if you can! I am using La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil - just amazing!)
- 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar (Long Meadow Farm is the best!)
- 1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar (the Bramley Apple infused Burren Balsamic Vinegar is a must try!)
- For the candied walnuts, melt the butter and honey (or agave syrup) in a pan. Add the walnuts and let them simmer on medium heat in the mixture for around 5 minutes making sure the walnuts are well coated. Set aside.
- Toast the mixed seeds in a pan on medium heat until they start to pop. Then it means it is ready. Set aside.
- Make the dressing, combining all ingredients.
- Prepare the avocados, slicing the flesh thinly.
To construct the salad
- Arrange the salad leaves on a suitable plate. Add some of the dressing and mix it with the leaves.
- Add the slices of avocados.
- Spoon some chutney around the plate and crumble the goat's cheese on top.
- Scatter the toasted seeds and the candied walnuts over the top and add some dressing if desired.